Ways for kids to make money Translation Bar

Ways for kids to make money Custom Search Bar

Loading

Monday, October 12, 2009

6 Ways For Kids To Make Money



Share
Ways for kids to make money

Most of us know the usual way for children to earn money, which include lemonade stands, newspaper routes and mowing lawns. But there are more unusual ways. Some of the ways listed below are from my own childhood, when I was always looking for another way to earn money.

1. Be a chef. At around eleven years old, I used to sell meals to my brothers (I had four of them). I got 25 cents for scrambled eggs or a sandwich, and more for more complicated meals. My brothers preferred to stay in front of the TV and let me cook for them. Since food was already given by my parents that income was pure profit.

2. Computer whiz-kid service. Many young children know a lot about computers. My nephew was getting paid for the planning of the time he was fourteen, but even small kids can show old folks how to use a computer and the Internet for a fee. Get some more skills, and they can even set up computers for new owners who use them for the first time. Let grandparents spread the word would be a good marketing ploy.

3. Household carnival. I charged my brothers five cents for one lined up piece of paper selected from a bucket full of them. Most had a penny or two inside them, but some had fourth. It was just one of my "Carnival" events. I've also had them throwing pennies at a bowl across the room, which I kept, of course. If a penny was in the bowl they won a crown. I'm almost embarrassed to say how much of their hard-earned paper route money I took from them.

4. Collect returnable. We have collected and returned cans and bottles for a deposit as children. Now that several states have laws back, it's an even better way to earn a little cash. During the Cherry Festival, when I lived in Traverse City, Michigan, adults came to town just to collect the cans that people threw everything. With a 10-cent deposit, they were collecting more than $ 100 worth per day according to several of them. If children wear gloves, leave broken cans and bottles only, and use hand Sanitizer, this is a sure way to make money.

5. Personal services menu. If there are many people in the family, a good way for children to make money is to sell their services. They can create a menu of things they will do and how much they charge for each. This can include washing windows for 50 cents each, for example, and perhaps $ 1.50 to walk a dog. If the list is copied, it can be handed out to all relatives and possibly neighbors also.

6. Rummage sales and flea markets. If parents agree, the children's rummage sale, selling not just household things, but arts and crafts and refreshments too. Parents can even take their children to a flea market to create a state. I sold (as an adult) more than $ 1000 handmade walking sticks one summer, while my wife sold hundreds of dollars worth in pewter figurines glued to rocks, shells and crystals. Cookies and drinks sell well too. It is a great way to learn about business, and a good way for children to earn money.

Ways for kids to make money

Digg Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment